Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I've got 99 problems...

I just love it when first thing in the morning, a buddy calls me who has bigger problems than me. It gives me an opportunity to open up the call with my own petty problems. It gives us both a good laugh for about five seconds.

Like this morning, it was, "I woke up this morning sick as a dog, I'm so not ready for my bio presentation, and I can't figure out what jewelry to wear with this stupid dress!"

I won't tell you what the other guy's going through--it's pretty damn rough is all I'll say--but if you're curious about the stupid dress...





It was actually quite a steal. Got this for all of four bucks, and I did figure out what jewelry to wear with it after all. In case you can't see it, I'm wearing a silver locket, my Rice U matriculation pin, and three bracelets--a charm from my crazy aunt, one of those encouraging elastic band thingies from my friend in SA, and a wristband from the hospital labeling me as a fall risk.

And in case you're wondering, I just sold a story to Vagabondage Press. Look back for news on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment